Six months ago I posted about a landscape juniper that I collected from someone’s yard in 2011 Landscape Juniper. I did more work this weekend to continue to refine it. I’ve fertilized the tree all of spring and summer and it is very heathy.
This time, I made some dramatic changes from the last work (about 6months ago). I removed the taller of the two apex and created a “jin”. I cleaned up the deadwood but did not apply any lime sulfur. I want the wood to age more naturally. I thinned the foliage and removed some wires and rewired it.
If mother nature cooperates, I will repot this tree next spring into a smaller, nicer pot.
Below are photos of the tree’s progression in about 1 year’s time.